ISLA collects personal information which may contain personal data in several ways when you place an order or register for a service offered by ISLA. By registering, you are consenting to the collection of your data. If an order is placed with us, we need to hold your data including your name, email address, phone number, home address, shipping and credit/debit card billing address(es) so that we can process and fulfil your order.
Saved card details will never be shared with third parties and will only be used to process your order, using our payment partner's systems: PayPal and Secure Pay. Additionally we may also obtain your data as a result of authentication or identity checks. Sometimes we may ask for your telephone number. This number may be given to our courier for delivery services: Australia Post, eParcel and TNT. These details allow us to process your order and to let you know the status of your order.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
ISLA Administration Team
1/64 Centennial Circuit
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How we use your personal data
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Retention of Data:
- We will not keep your data longer than is necessary for fulfilment of the purposes specified above for which they are, or are to be, used. Data provided by you is retained if the purpose for which the data was collected still exists, it is so required by law, statute or regulation, or it is in the public interest.
- We intend to use your data in direct marketing and we may not so use your data unless we have received your consent (which includes an indication of no objection). We would like to use the data in our records including your name, (phone number, email and/or correspondence address) to send you marketing materials. When you register, you will be given the option to opt-out of subscribing to our regular update service. This update service includes email and direct mail alerts for new products, features, enhancements, special offers, upgrade opportunities, contests, events of interest, and one-off marketing promotions. Such alerts may include marketing information about clothing, shoes, bags and accessories offered by ISLA and our subsidiaries, or products and services offered by our selected business partners.
- We do not sell or otherwise pass your data to third parties for their marketing purposes but the data may be provided to subsidiaries and associated companies of ISLA for informing you of their marketing information about clothing, shoes, bags and accessories. Marketing communications you subscribe to will only be sent by ISLA under The Localé Group PTY LTD.
- At all times, we will offer you the opportunity to unsubscribe out of any service or update to which you have subscribed, if you change your mind. Any e-mail we send you will contain an easy automated unsubscribe link so that you can opt-out of that particular mailshot. Simply follow the indications in the e-mail. Alternatively you can change your email preferences or opt out of all emails by logging into your Account on the ISLA Website.
Payment & Security
Payment can be made by all major credit cards through SecurePay; Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Visa Debit, or through PayPal. Payment is only debited from your card at time of despatch.
Secure Pay is a third party payment site that integrates with Shopify to process your payments on the ISLA website. For more information on Secure Pay please visit the Secure Pay website for more information; www.securepay.com.au/
PalPal is a third party payment site that integrates with Shopify to process your payments on the ISLA website. For more information on PayPal please visit the PayPal website for more information; www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/home
Website & Payment Security
All transactions on this website are processed using either SecurePay or PayPal through secure online payment gateways that operate in a secure host environment. For more information on these Payment Gateway options please see the Secure Pay and PayPal sections above.
To help ensure that your shopping experience is safe, simple and secure ISLA uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This encrypts and protects the data you send to us over the internet. If SSL is enabled then you will see a padlock at the top of your browser and you can click on this to find out information about the SSL digital certificate registration.
Website functionality cookies
These cookies enable you to browse the website and use our features such as shopping baskets and wish lists.
Website analytics cookies
We use these cookies to measure and analyse how our customers use the website. This allows us to continuously improve our website and your shopping experience.
Customer preference cookies
When browsing or shopping online, the website will remember preferences you make (for example your user name, language or location). This makes your browsing experience simpler, easier and more personal to you.
Targeting cookies or advertising cookies
These cookies are used to deliver marketing and promotional content relevant to you. In addition, they limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help ISLA measure the effectiveness of the online content we present to you.
By using our website you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device and access them when you visit the site in the future.
If you wish to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of the ISLA website.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.